Showcase Design & Craft Fair CLG is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of Showcase Design & Craft Fair CLG in relation to the information we collect about you and other users.
For the purposes of the GDPR the data controller is:
- Event Professional Consultancy Ltd
- 01-295 81 81
Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Who are we?
At Showcase Design & Craft Fair CLG, we are creative and passionate about delivering real business success through face–to–face communication at Trade and Consumer Events.
We have the most experienced team in Ireland working across all aspects of Event management, from initial ideas and planning, to Sales, Marketing, Budgeting, Operations and delivery of some the most Professional Events in the country.
- Name : Georgina Nichols
- Email address: email@example.com
- Phone number: 01-295 8181
Purpose for processing your data
When you register to attend an event with us, you provide us with contact information, e.g. name, and address etc, which we wish to retain in our database.
We use this information in order to contact you via mailings/telephone to inform you about upcoming events that may be of interest to you.
We do NOT share/sell our database to third parties. We do use a mailing service in the course of our direct mailing but we require a destruction of data certificate to ensure your privacy.
Why does Showcase Design & Craft Fair CLG need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you information regarding upcoming events which may be of interest to you we need to collect personal data for direct marketing. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes Showcase Design & Craft Fair CLG would contact you for additional consent.
Showcase Design & Craft Fair CLG use the personal data it collects about me?
Showcase Design & Craft Fair CLG is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure
Why we are processing your data? Our legal basis.
Our reason and purpose for processing your personal data is:
- We collect and store your Data so that when we have an event that we think may be of interest to you, we will contact you with information about it.
Special Categories of personal data
If we collect any special categories of personal data (e.g. health, religious beliefs, racial, ethic origin – financial information is not classified as special categories of personal data) – we will ensure the below
- we will obtain your explicit consent
- ensure the personal data is necessary for employment rights or obligations;
- protect the vital interests of the data subject, including the protection of rights and freedoms;
- necessary for the legitimate activities with appropriate safeguards;
- personal data made public by the data subject;
- legal claims
- substantial public interest;
- preventive or occupational medicine, for the assessment of the working capacity of the employee, medical diagnosis, provision of health or social care treatment, or management of health and social care systems and services, under the basis that appropriate contracts with health professionals and safeguards are in place;
- public health, ensuring appropriate safeguards are in place for the protection of rights and freedoms of the data subject, or professional secrecy;
Who are we sharing your data with?
We do not share any data gathered with third parties. We only collect the data for our company’s use.
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to
If we transfer personal data to a third party or outside the EU we as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you the data subject are available
Data Subjects Rights
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Showcase Design & Craft Fair CLG refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
All of the above equests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
Additional information we are providing you with to ensure we are transparent and fair with our processing
Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. Showcase Design & Craft Fair CLG will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by our regulatory body (Central Bank, Revenue) and our internal governance.
If we are relying on your consent to process your data you can withdraw this at any time – this does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by
Failure to provide further information if need see Art 12(e)
If we are collecting your data for a statutory requirement (payroll) or to fulfill a contract (life policy or motor insurance policy) and you cannot provide this data the consequences of this could mean the contract cannot be completed or details are incorrect.
Profiling – automatic decision making
Currently we do not us an automated decision making system, if this changes in the future we will make all members of our database aware of it.
If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data.
If we have received your personal data from another source:
Showcase Design & Craft Fair CLG will have collected your personal data from registration at events.
Showcase Design & Craft Fair CLG is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
It is the intention of this privacy statement (“Privacy Statement”) to explain to you the information practices of Showcase Design & Craft Fair CLG in relation to the information we collect about you and other users.
We want to share any other information required to demonstrate that the processing is fair and transparent.
The Categories of personal data we have collected are:
- Name/ Address/ Email/ Telephone/ Job Position
Who we are sharing this data with:
- The only instance of us sharing information is to Third Party Distribution Company and a certificate of destruction is obtained after each distribution.
If we have received your personal data from another source we will endeavour to share with you:
- one month of obtaining the personal data, in accordance with the specific circumstances of the processing;
- at the first instance of communicating in circumstances where the personal data is used to communicate with the data subject;
- when personal data is first disclosed in circumstances where the personal data is disclosed to another recipient.
The above will not apply when:
- If you already has the information;
- If the provision of the above information proves impossible or would involve an excessive effort
- If obtaining or disclosure of personal data is expressly identified by Member State law; or
- If personal data must remain confidential subject to an obligation of professional secrecy regulated by Member State law, including a statutory obligation of secrecy
All staff that need to collect personal data are required to follow this procedure.
Questions Regarding the Privacy Statement and Conditions of Use
If you have any questions about our Privacy Statement and Conditions of Use, or any concern about privacy at the IAPP or the use of this Site in general, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.